The 2015 Edition of the NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace includes some big changes. You can find out the details of these changes now, because the study was made available this week.
The 2015 standard can now be downloaded from the NFPA website. A printed book is available to order but won’t be shipped until October, 10.
There are more than a few major changes for the 2015 version of the NFPA standard. Here are few of the more noteworthy updates:
- The phrase “hazard analysis” has been replaced with “risk assessment” to enhance awareness.
- Hazard Risk Category 0 has been eliminated in order to show requirements where arc-rated clothing is required.
- The phrase Hazard Risk Category (HRC) has been deleted in favor of the phrase Arc Flash PPE Category.
- The PPE table has been substantially revised with the goal of making it easier to choose the correct personal protective equipment.
- The Prohibited Approach Boundary has been removed.
These are just a few of the many changes included in the NFPA 70E Standard, 2015 Edition. It’s a very important standard, and one that helps to protect workers from dangerous, and potentially deadly, electrical hazards. Download it today and learn it. It’s too important not to.