Top of the Line Waterproof Winter Parka is Loaded with Features!
The ANSI Class 3 high-visibility Boden Down Winter Parka from Helly Hansen represents the state of the art in insulated winter parkas. Start with the waterproof yet breathable 100% polyester oxford shell that’s coated with polyurethane to keep the weather out. It’s also fluorescent green/yellow with 2″ silver reflective stripes.
The insulation is Allied down 85/15 European goose down with a fill power of over 700 cm³/g. Fill power? I had to look that one up myself. Wikipedia says fill power is a measure of the loft or “fluffiness” of a down product. The higher the fill power, the more insulating air pockets the down has and the better its insulating ability. 700 cm³/g is a very high number in the fill power world.
The Boden Down Winter Parka also features a 100% nylon lining and a YKK Vislon two-way front zipper closure with a storm flap that closes snugly with Velcro® strips. YKK zippers are the best you can get. All seams are taped and double-stitched for exceptional durability.
You want pockets? How about nine of them! Lots of places to put all your stuff.
• Two outside upper chest pockets with Velcro® flap closures.
• Two diagonal mid-chest pockets with YKK zipper closures.
• Two lower cargo pockets with Velcro® flap closures.
• One YKK zippered pocket on the upper left sleeve.
• One “invisible” inside pocket on the right.• One inside YKK zippered “Napoleon” pocket on the left. (I love that name! A “Napoleon” pocket! We’ve all seen pictures of Napoleon with his hand stuck in his shirt. I always thought he had an itch.)
This parka is absolutely loaded with cool features! There’s so many, I’m just going to list them.
• It’s a full-length parka, so it comes down over your butt. It’s going to be way warmer than a short-length bomber jacket.
• The attached hood has a drawstring adjustment in the front and a webstrap adjustment in the back.
• The hood opening is lined with fake fur. Don’t like it? It’s detachable.
• A drawstring adjustment on the inside waist pulls tight for a snug fit to keep the wind out.
• There’s a 12″-long YKK Vislon zipper on each side of the parka, starting at the lower hem and running straight up. Open up these zippers for greater freedom of movement. Especially handy when you’re driving a car.
• There’s a Click.On™ loop just under the flap closure of the left chest pocket. This is where you would attach your ID badge.
• Each sleeve ends with an inside ribbed knit cuff that clings tightly to your wrist to keep out the cold.
• The bottom of each sleeve is reinforced with black piping.
• There’s an inside zipper that allows access for logo applications.
• There’s also a chin guard and a back placket.
So if you work outside in the cold and it’s important to you that you can be seen easily – like if you work near traffic – the Boden Down Parka is the winter coat for you! Super warm, high quality, ANSI Class 3, full length, attached hood, nine pockets, tons of features, extremely well made – this is simply a great winter parka!
The Helly Hansen Boden Down Parka meets ANSI/ISEA 107-2010 Class 3 standards, as well as the European EN 471 Class 3 standard for high visibility.
You can buy the Helly Hansen Boden Down Parka at eSafetyStore.com. It’s also available in black.
I remember one year I bought a cheap winter coat. I spent that winter freezing my tail off! I never made that mistake again.